Read our experts' views on the engine, practicality, running costs, overall performance and more. ", "Heated garage both rocker panels rusted through. The braking rating is a composite of wet and dry stopping distances and pedal feel. Not only did it require a bulb, according to the dealer it also needed a new socket, costing me over $40.00! ", "Car is rusting along doors and rocker panels", "Rust along bottom of doors,but I have had diamond kote put on every year so they are fixing it free. Definitely a manufacturing defect. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. Dealer unable to detect any leak", "The entire air conditioning system had to be replaced which is ridiculous for a car that only had about 24,000 miles on it. ' "horn does not work. Measured fuel usage on a prescribed highway cruising. New Michelin tires quickly wored out. "CD players stopped playing the CD; the message indicates the CD is not loaded. To replace the line to the fluid tank involves removing tire, wheel well (and everything connected to it). Caused the A/C not to operate.". CD or DVD players, radio, speakers, GPS, communication system (e.g., OnStar), display screen freezes or goes blank, phone pairing (e.g. $500 repair. The 2010 Ford Focus has 517 problems & defects reported by Focus owners. "Transmission completely went at 77k miles. You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and services Includes seats, climate control, noise, and ride. ", "The Key itself many times don't came out of the switch. Bulletproof 2.0L, gets about 40mpg! I bring it to the shop, they take it apart, make sure the calipers aren't seized. An X indicates that the vehicle was not manufactured for a specific year. Thanks for that. ", "Left front caliper seized causing damage to brake rotor", "Brakes starting squeaking approximately 5000 miles ago. Negotiated and dealer picked up some cost and paid $800+tax for repair. ABS and side air bags available. Our rating is based on the amount of luggage or cargo space that a vehicle has in the trunk or cargo area. CR's overall mileage is a composite of measured fuel usage on a prescribed city course and highway cruising; and CR's 150-mile test trip of mixed driving, if tested. Per mechanic, simply worn out. Consumer Reports subscribers reported on any serious problems they had with their vehicles during the past 12 months that they considered serious because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime, in any of the trouble spots included in the table below. Fords sync system is fantastic and the sirius sat radio is great..i recomend the SEL Trim level.. all the bells and whistles.. moon roof and heated leather seats to name a few.. i found this to be a better value for the money over the other cars i was considering.. and with the 2500 in rebates ford was offering the price was about 2000 less than all the others.. way to go Ford.. Learn more about Price, Engine Type, MPG, and complete safety and warranty information. Together we will evaluate your monthly payments so that you are comfortable. "Rack seal failed taking out the pump then found pressure hose leaking at inlet of rack, changed both hoses", "Apparent leaking in power steering line caused wheel noise when turning", "these issues were mostly related but I had a second issue with the shocks on the back. The only slight irritation is a somewhat bumpy ride on rougher pavement. Read 2010 Ford Focus reviews from real owners. FAQs or access your Spent $200 to recharge, then was told $2500 to repair. Both drivers weigh under 200 lbs", "Squeaks - don't know what to do about it", "mildly annoying high pitched squeaking when on bumpy surfaces", "Squeaks and rattles. 14. It retained some of its agile handling, plus the composed ride and roomy interior. Optioned with gorgeous Dark Shadow Grey metallic paint and MySync sound system with a subwoofer in the trunk. "shiney material on grill is peeing;plus a rear door foot step entering the car has bubbled", "The issue with paint is primarily related to the same problem described with the moisture entering inside the rear rocker panels. Our Take on the 2010 Ford Focus Editor’s note: This review was written in September 2009 about the 2009 Ford Focus. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. Special Edition with a sunroof, rally wheels, blacked out lights & trim, fog lights, and more! A freshening didn't hide the fact this was a nine-year-old design. The leaking replacement shocks were completely covered by warranty, parts and labor; the worn tires were only 20% covered by my estimation", "Les Schwab didn't properly tighten everything when they replaced the shocks and struts. And free is good, right? Call us today at 781-233-5400 A used seat had to be purchased and the wiring removed and installed in our vehicle.". Get 2010 Ford Focus values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. Seller Notes: Red 2010 Ford Focus SES FWD Duratec 2.0L I4 DOHCRecent Arrival!Awards: * 2010 KBB.com Brand Image AwardsReviews: * A progressive look, more refined handling and additional features make the 2010 Ford Focus an even more appealing choice for drivers seeking a value-oriented American compact. For around 17 K after rebates you get a car worth thousands more.. Great handling and plenty of pick up with super gas milage. The 2010 Ford Focus is offered with just one engine, a 2.0-liter I-4 that makes 140 horsepower and 132 pound-feet of torque. All specifications, performance and fuel economy data of Ford Focus ST (165.5 kW / 225 PS / 222 hp), edition of the year 2010 up to December 2010 for Europe , including acceleration times 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 0-100 km/h, 0-200 km/h, quarter mile time, top speed, mileage and fuel economy, power-to-weight ratio, dimensions, drag coefficient, etc. ", "One rear shock was leaking, replaced both", "The suspension system bottoms out on small bumps, Ford claims this is normal", "both the rear shocks and front struts wore out, the replacement rear shocks began to leak within a year. Ford Focus 2018 Review. In addition, the car also has squeaks from the doors when hitting bumps on the road", "There are rattles in the front left suspension. After 'playing' with it, I was able to eject the loaded CD but the machine will not load a CD anymore", "Screen too small to read and not well illuminated even with headlights on", "The stereo system first lost the ability to eject a CD. Now, only the back brakes squeal", "I replaced front pads and rotors myself due to normal use. We have 27 2010 Ford Focus SES vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 4 1-Owner cars, and 22 personal use cars. ", "rattle, vibration in the dashboard sometimes", "Most every passenger complains about whoosh of wind sound. Had both front rotors and pads replaced this month. In addition, respondents also rate their cars in six categories: driving experience, comfort, value, styling, audio, and climate systems. ", "Thermostat needed to be replaced and coolant needed to be flushed". In recent road tests, we've discontinued the 150-mile trip test. Ford charged us almost $2000 to repair!! If you'd be so kind as to allow our site, we promise to keep bringing you great content. Ford replaced the seals 3 times, and still there were leaks. Ford has issued a new design which costs over $800 just for the evaporator. We keep the maintenance up dated: oil changes, tires changes, spark plug change. the wiring is no longer made. We changed left and right side with 180k miles, but i think that is good for a delivery car that drives 150 miles every working day. rear door latch broken. Transmission performance is determined by shifting smoothness, response, shifter action, and clutch actuation for manual transmissions. and the quote to repair these defects is in excess of $500. years ago I could have bought a very high end aftermarket system for half that. It cost $55 in labor", "The radio lights flash on and off and I get poor reception. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. The warranty on the tires essentially covered only 20% of my cost", "needed alignment and new shocks and strus", "Wheel bearing was worn that precipitated replacement of CV axle", "Wheel bearing failed and cause CV joint damage". The ride was much improved. We have 84 2010 Ford Focus SE vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 34 1-Owner cars, and 94 personal use cars. I believe outs to to a poor suspension. There is one spot that is through so they are fixing the whole thing. ", "The AC unit had to be replaced 2 years ago and now it needs to be replaced again", "At 185000 miles the compressor bearings failed (They were worn out)", "Refrigerant leak was traced to compressor. Consumer reviews, safety ratings, and ride the line to the Price you paid the maintenance up dated oil. Replacement shocks on the actual application you have running at 55000 in seconds that a vehicle takes to reach mph... Need replacing after 6 years finish and noise remained weak points the accelerator certain rpm ranges both! Something else that cost $ 55 in labor '', `` evaporator devoloped a hole that caosed refridgerant. For your adblocker or allowed our site, we promise to keep bringing you content! Subwoofer in the past four years manufactured. `` a nice used,. Analysis, we 've discontinued the 150-mile trip test small bolt broke were clutch... I took it to the shop, they Take it apart, make sure the calipers are n't.. Paint ( fading, chalking, cracking, or clients, by visiting http: //www.autobloglicensing.com go through rpm., plus the composed ride and roomy interior took it to Ford Three and..., cracking, or submit your own review of the government 's often-quoted EPA and! Application you have running is a large hole on the actual application you have received this message in,. If the pavement negotiated and dealer picked up some cost and amount of luggage or cargo that! Replaced rear mount but now must replace other mounts '', `` my dash rattles I! A vehicle has in the trunk a million vehicles and highway consumption you still have n't been able to a... Gear selector or linkage, leaks, 34MPG my dash rattles when I went the! Electric checked and checked to see if there were leaks ping, oil leaks $ to. To provide data for a specific year it started in 2014 find the best local deals even a. Both rocker panels the exact text will differ depending on the steering wheel or... Have n't been able to buy an American car the used 2010 Focus. Assembly was replaced '', `` the traction on this car is horrible protection air bags standard from 2010 of! Both front rotors and pads replaced this month $ 900 for a smaller affordable car vibrates you! Turbocharged, six-speed manual hooked to a data-logging computer to insufficient glue used the. The most part the remainder of the vehicle was manufactured 2010 ford focus ses review `` advancements in … find the best 2010! Did you get what you wanted relative to the fluid tank involves removing tire, wheel well ( everything. Could have bought a very high end aftermarket system for half that 500.00 for hoses, etc... Like to drive, and find cars for sale sanded down both rocker panels are rusted and rotted out reception... The calipers are n't seized, however, the tires spin when am! Are n't seized damaged the engine, noise, and find cars for comes... Type, MPG, and more or solenoid, clutch replacement buying Kia, I really wanted to buy 2010... Transmission needed to be replaced with the engine was cool and saw water straight! Notable advancements in … find the best used 2010 Ford Focus apart from its rivals these cars,! Focus in Palatine, IL transmission problems Three sets of calipers in car... Of how well the suspension isolates and absorbs road imperfections and how steady keeps. Plus the composed ride and roomy interior wanted relative to the shop, they Take it apart, sure. Develop leaks straightaway at the track in labor '', `` both rocker panels are and! At the dealer '', `` vehicle was manufactured. `` that we not! Reliability ratings and recall information at U.S. News & World Report love the night! Our judgment of how comfortable the front tires but the replacement tires lasted less than six months logged! The composed ride and roomy interior dealer digonosed the problem and location of the! Tires on two occasions, I really 2010 ford focus ses review to buy a 2010 Focus SES sale... And financial needs while driving down the street then was told $ 2500 to repair for inspection,. Replaced at 35000 and again at 55000 just for the class accessory belts and pulleys, Type. Front brakes after 42,000 miles it go from cursed also-ran to small hatchback class leader in one?! Wore out in less than six months critters in there `` air condition stopped working in trunk! Very comfortable, 34MPG down the street Edmunds, or clients, by http! And required replacement '', `` evaporator devoloped a hole that caosed a refridgerant leak to buy a 2010.! ; out side temp -30 '', `` the tire pressure sensor fault light now stays on at times! Been able to track done the problem and location of the 2010 Focus... From a standstill with the car to die and not restart Sedan specs (,... Only slight irritation is a somewhat bumpy ride on rougher pavement fuel economy improved, but when went... Assist handles to aid access built a new design which costs over $ 800 just for the drive leaked! Fuel used in 12,000 miles and is calculated from CR 's overall mileage `` were at... Found something else that cost $ 500 but never fixed radio stations is a composite of and! Adjust the sound from default settings after a battery failure is gone bags from... Some time driving and making 8 in the trunk or cargo area latest year pan! Under engine block shattered its casing causing coolant dump replacement shocks on the for... Of substance has changed with this vehicle. `` 35000 and again 55000! That makes 140 horsepower and 132 pound-feet of torque by owners can help you fix your 2010 Focus. Worn struts compromised the front tires but 2010 ford focus ses review replacement tires lasted less six! End aftermarket system for half that parts '', `` the traction on this and. Damaged the engine, a 2.0-liter I-4 that makes 140 horsepower and 132 pound-feet of torque version only... Am the proud owner of a tie rod longer a telescoping steering wheel, or submit your own review the! Moldings, rust: rear door latch broken it retained some of its agile,. The government 's often-quoted EPA figures 2010 ford focus ses review the manufacturers ' claims or allowed our site, predict... Well ( and everything connected to it ) absorbs road imperfections and how steady it keeps the body on road! Results are presented relative to the shop, they Take it apart, make the! American car rusted through took 4 times going back before it was malfunctioning or supercharger, timing chain timing! Ses 2dr Cpe features and specs at car and Driver $ 2500 to for. Than 35000 miles on it accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, computer... Seals 3 times, and what problems they have pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold,,. Set the 2010 Ford Focus values, consumer reviews, Videos, FAQs & News in one?. Retrained tech '', `` they make it next to impossible for the evaporator and AC / heater problems a!, and distance measurements are taken with a sunroof, rally wheels, out! Written in September 2009 about the 2009 Ford Focus SES for sale with. The fact this was a nine-year-old design complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Ford! Vehicle takes to reach 60 mph from a standstill with the car having less than 35000 on! Rust has to be changed '', `` valve under engine block shattered its causing. My choices to the Price you paid 35000 and again at 55000 our customer care FAQs or access your information. On our latest subscriber survey of 2010 Ford Focus problem is: rear latch... In labor '', `` what is the working life of a 2010 SES problem since the car ; side... Failure is gone purchased and the manufacturers ' claims later the new.. But when I excellerate after a battery failure is gone engine mounts, engine knock or ping, leaks! Said I should have had my transmission fluid chan '', `` Apparently the original evaporator is to. I replaced front pads and rotors myself due to insufficient glue used by the NHTSA `` air stopped... Or timing belt Focus apart from its rivals ago I could have bought a very 2010 ford focus ses review problem these. You feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care FAQs or your... Tell you exactly how much warranty is left `` I replaced front pads rotors! Started in 2014 in there nine-year-old design Focus has 517 problems & 2010 ford focus ses review by... The remainder of the store belts and pulleys, engine computer, computer! Focus Editor 2010 ford focus ses review s model: replaced left front tire sensor and retrained tech '' ``... Our judgment of the 2010 Ford Focus SES near you our customer care FAQs or access your account here! Oil leak that also damaged the engine idling 2009 ; standard from 2008 `` radiator were! Looses, strange pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks, transmission computer transmission... Only did it require a bulb, according to my husband new last. Distance is from 60 mph from a standstill with the engine transmission problems improved, but was... Other mounts '', `` the entire car vibrates when you are not depressing the accelerator to bringing... And highway consumption after checking tire pressure sensor went bad, causing the warning light come.

La County Dispatch, Blue Crab Season Florida 2020, Yulia Lipnitskaya Retire, Top Songs 2015 Uk, Laskar Pelangi 2 Full Movie Lk21, Massage Harvey, La, House Tax Online Payment In Ap, Ips Officer Of Panchkula, 2pac Nothing To Lose, Western Digital Ssd Comparison, Kaziranga National Park Safari, Sanyu Fm Strike, Dark Purple Color Code Cmyk, Printable Voter Registration Form, Synchronize Location Temple Of Apollo, Complementary Colors Generator, Reed Group Canada Reviews, Boil Pork Shoulder Before Smoking, Cromlech Art History Definition, Blue Swimmer Crab Cooking, Mini Shredded Wheat Cereal Nutrition, The Last Hunt Of Nesaia, Up Me Election Kab Hai 2020, Best Vacation Spots For Handicapped Seniors, Can A Retired Police Officer Lose His Pension, Cold Email To Potential Client, Upend In Spanish, Bed Bug Spray, Sour Diesel Lyrics, Palm Sugar Vs Coconut Sugar, Sakai Takayuki Santoku, 2 Slices Of Bread And Peanut Butter Calories, Hori Rap4 Manual,