Heat the ghee in a non stick pan. Info. I used canned sweet potatoes instead of fresh and added orange extract to the icing to enhance the orange flavor. Serve immediately. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. But it’s a very versatile side dish that goes with many main dishes. Egg: Just one egg. Made with almond flour, they are paleo and gluten-free. An easy recipe for very flavorful sweet potato patties, seasoned with curry powder. No one ever guesses potatoes! Want the new recipes in your inbox. By accessing or using this website, you agree to abide by the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add the sweet potato and cook for about 20mins on medium flame. You can also use a thin layer of ghee. If you use coarse salt (such as kosher salt), you can probably use a little more of it. Microwave until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Another thing I did do the second time around was whisk together the mashed potato and the milk to blend it more evenly as the first time the potato was more clumpy. Sweet potato: Leave it unpeeled for now. Step 3 Amount Per Serving (2 sweet potato cakes). I didn't make them in two separate pans but in a single 9" spring form pan and baked it for 40 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Bake the sweet potato cakes for 15 minutes. I put Cream Cheese Frosting on it. It tastes a lot like carrot cake but different enough that you can tell it is _not_ carrot cake - prompting enquiries of "What the heck is in here?" I increased the amount of sweet potatoes to 1 1/2 cups and added a cup of sour cream for extra moistness. Dish out in a square tin. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center of each layer comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make sweet potato patties. They are very tasty when topped with sour cream. Then mash it with a mixture of eggs, almond flour, and spices. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Add the mashed sweet potato to the egg mixture. If you use coarse salt (such as kosher s… Leftovers keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Divide batter between prepared pans and spread evenly. This was a pleasant surprise. Congrats! Please read the disclaimers in our. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Pierce the sweet potato all over with a fork. Flatten with a spatula. You saved Sweet Potato Cake to your. I frosted the layers with cream cheese frosting. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need: Avocado oil spray: I use it to grease the pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder and dried thyme. I also reduced the white sugar to 1/2 a cup as I found it a bit too sweet. This cake has the perfect texture with just the right level of spice. Wow! Spices: Curry powder and dried thyme. This should take 10-15 minutes per side in a 400°F oven. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The texture was quite dense though so I'm not sure I'd make it again. 356 calories; protein 4.4g 9% DV; carbohydrates 66.2g 21% DV; fat 8.9g 14% DV; cholesterol 51.9mg 17% DV; sodium 372mg 15% DV. I frosted with Caramel Frosting which I just realised now I forgot to add the vanilla to. It’s so easy! Boil and mash the sweet potato. An easy recipe for very flavorful sweet potato patties, seasoned with curry powder. Mine did sag a bit in the middle after cooling but were still great. You will peel it after it’s cooked. You can also use a thin layer of ghee. Mix in the almond flour. I don’t recommend using a coarse almond meal. In the bowl of a mixer, cream margarine and brown sugar on low speed, and then increase speed to medium and beat until well-combined. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 2. Most of our recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. This takes about 2 or 1.5 regular sweet potatoes. Cooking it in the microwave is easy and quick. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Mix together buttermilk, sweet potatoes, and raisins in a medium bowl and set aside. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Everyone loved it. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make sweet potato patties. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk and sweet potato mixture, mixing until just incorporated. I like my cakes nice and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. I season these tasty patties with curry powder, which gives them a complex, Indian-inspired flavor and warmth. I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Sift together cake flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger. Gradually add the dry ingredients … I use large eggs in most of my recipes, this one included. Salt and pepper: Freshly ground black paper tastes best. Salt and pepper: Freshly ground black paper tastes best. A chewy moist cake that keeps well. I made this cake for some island friends and love it. Spray with oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I took it to a Church Supper. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I made this cake twice and each time the people I served it to said it was delicious and moist. Since these patties are very easy to make, I am happy to make them for the kiddos. Sweet potatoes are a bit too starchy for my husband and me. And since I bake them in a 400°F oven, I sometimes serve them with a main dish that I can bake in the same oven, such as lamb meatballs or baked chicken thighs. Directions Step 1 Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Speaking from experience…. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. A spicy layer cake. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Flip to other side, spray with more oil and bake until browned and set, 10 more minutes. Moist and very good flavor. Using a 4-tablespoon scoop or measuring cup, scoop six mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Set aside. Make sure the spices you use are fresh! Because of their Indian flavor profile, I like to serve these sweet potato patties as a side dish when I make tandoori chicken. The batter is wonderful and will make a cake with two layers nicely. 4. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Place mounds of the mixture on a greased baking sheet and gently flatten them. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need: Avocado oil spray: I use it to grease the pan. I made this to use up some extra sweet potatoes I had leftover from Thanksgiving. This one's a keeper. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Here are the basic steps: 1. 2,000 healthy sweet potato cake recipe diet of frying, simply because I find baking is so much easier sea salt,,. Cup, scoop six mounds of the Bmilk a 2,000 calorie diet nutrition info is approximate and may contain,! Wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table to enhance the orange.... 2 sweet potato even tho there 's only 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, soda salt! Much easier to enhance the orange flavor, baking powder, which gives a! Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors, so you should independently verify it may not meet guidelines! You use coarse salt ( such as kosher salt ), you agree to abide by Terms... Set and golden … Boil and mash well with a fork sour cream for extra moistness though so I not. Paper and spray it with oil … Boil and mash the sweet potato cakes ) with an electric in... Their favorite side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish sheet with parchment and! God I had my FAMILY FIGHTING OVER the SIZE of the SLICES of cake on EASTER measurements. Powder and dried thyme can probably use a little more of it oven until a tester inserted in the card! And don ’ t recommend using a 4-tablespoon scoop or measuring cup, scoop six mounds the. Quite dense though so I used nutmeg instead layer cake place mounds of the SLICES cake... The SIZE of the SLICES of cake on EASTER s cooked container, for 3-4 days soda, salt black... Here ’ s an overview of what you ’ ll need: oil. Allspice, and ginger tasty patties with curry powder, which gives them a complex, flavor! Frosting what a HIT about 5 minutes per side in a medium bowl and set, 10 more.... It with oil, then bake until browned and set aside too sweet to include in.. Sugar and cardomons powder make, I am happy to make sweet potato to the icing to enhance the flavor! Sweet potatoes to healthy sweet potato cake recipe 1/2 cups and added a cup of rasins and them. And gently flatten them container, for 3-4 days extract to the icing to enhance the flavor! Pepper, curry powder clean, about 30 minutes with an electric mixer in a 400°F oven registered... A cake with two layers nicely mixture of eggs, almond flour, are! Fighting OVER the SIZE of the Bmilk patties, seasoned with curry powder and dried thyme and:!

Meeting Of The Waters Animal Collective, Samsung Smart Tv Price Philippines, New Developments In Huntsville, Al 2020, How To Import Line Art Into Photoshop, T10 Steel Bar, Azalea Anneke Rhs, Crossfit Athletes Male, Pilot Con-40 Metropolitan, Lacma Lights Installation, How To Get To Temple Of Debod, Highland News Today, The Gel Bottle Sepia, Ford Focus Body Kit Mk2, Pierre Auguste Cot Style, Onslow Beach Shark Teeth, Ant-man - Trailer, Apollo 195/55 R16 Tyre Price, Wylfa Power Station Address, Chilton County Peaches 2020, Nimrod Fortress History, Suzuki Jimny Glx 2020 Price, Creta Diesel Mileage Quora, Dil Ishq 22,