The addition of a lovely wooden top has transformed this basic desk. Want a CPU stand next to your IKEA desk? We all know that IKEA are great at supplying us with well-made furniture at relatively low cost. In this example, it has been spray painted with a lacquer them applied to give it a gloss finish. IKEA hackers is all about modding, repurposing and customizing IKEA products. It has therefore allowed them to create something they really want without having to build a frame. IKEA hackers is all about modding, repurposing and customizing IKEA products. Adding some handles to the Micke desk is a quick win. One of these popular items is the Micke desk, but there are things we can do to make them a little more special. Cut a piece of MDF (or any wood 3/4″ thick approx) to 12 1/2″ square. I hope that the IKEA Micke desk hacks have given you pause for thought, and perhaps some ideas on how you want to hack your desk to add value. It adds tremendous value to the desk and gives it a very premium look. 31+ Easy Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas That Impress, Click here to follow Houszed on Pinterest, 18+ Blue and Gray Bedroom Ideas That Make You Happy, 31+ Stylish Teen Boy Bedroom Ideas That Rock. My husband and I … You’re bound to find something to inspire you. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It also allows it to match other aspects of the room, making it feel very purposeful. This example just goes to show that a slight change can make a big difference. It would be really nice if you could share this image and page on your social media. SKÅDIS: 5 ways to make the IKEA pegboard even better, 14 fresh ideas to plan and organize your craft room, Pre-loved bargains galore in first IKEA second-hand store, IKEA used in surprising ways in duo’s van conversion, From cluttered to classy, organized art canvas storage. The 19 Best IKEA Desk Hack Ideas (according to us, at least) Ready to hack your way to your own dream IKEA desk setup? A great example of how you take an IKEA Micke desk and create something unique. I love interior design and all things style. Your email address will not be published. You’re bound to find something to inspire you. Give that a quick rub down and a wipe. We have 5,000 (+ counting!) I made a mobile craft desk organizer using the SKÅDIS pegboard and a plant stand. This isn’t a hack in the sense that it hacks traditional IKEA products – rather it finds new uses for traditional products. hacks from all over the globe. As a contributor to Houszed, my role is to find you the best images that will help fuel your creativity. Read on. IKEA computer desk hacks- PINTEREST. We have 5,000 (+ counting!) It makes the desk look unique and a little more premium than the standard desk. When you’re short on space, opting for a slim desk like this one can give you that much-needed office space… some ideas for placement include behind the sofa, alongside a wall in the bedroom or even in a narrow hallway! I’m sure you will agree, the finished look is fantastic. What type of content do you plan to share with your subscribers? hacks from all over the globe. Jules Regardless of your desired desk shape or configuration — standing desk, corner desk, or an L-shaped desk — we’ve compiled some of the best ideas from across the internet, so you can find inspiration for your own WFH setup. Learn how your comment data is processed. We have 5,000 (+ counting!) You are then ready to spay it with the color you want. Available in every color imaginable and in a variety of patterns, it is easy to apply and can totally transform a piece of furniture. This time you have no mounting rails as they only come with one per board but you have the screws/bolts that are meant to level the board to the wall. Happy hacking! Related: 14 fresh ideas to plan and organize your craft room. Copyright © 2015 - 2020 Houszed. Then add the screws/bolts as before. It’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means everything to us here at Houszed. Here’s a quick start guide. This idea was born from our need to have more work space in our home office. A simple paint job is all that is required to turn this plain desk into something special. Turn the cube on to the end that you’ve added the MDF top to. Happy hacking! Simply rub down the legs with some sandpaper and spray with a primer. Our collection of images will help you take your next project to the next level…Get inspired with Houszed, As an interior designer, i love nothing more than bringing you the…, I love interior design and all things style. Simply applying some vinyl to the drawer section gives this Micke desk a completely new look. Turn cube over so the MDF with the rails is at the top. hacks from all over the globe. The 12 Best Ikea Desk Hacks #1 Slim Desk Ikea Hack. A great example of how you take an IKEA Micke desk and create something unique. IKEA micke desk white- PINTEREST Use your drill to make pilot holes in the edge of the MDF lining up with the first pegboard hole of the now second row of holes. Using the mounting screws/bolts attach the cube to the MDF insert as if you were attaching it to a wall. IKEA hackers is all about modding, repurposing and customizing IKEA products. You’re bound to find something to inspire you. If you’re looking for ideas for a nice desk for your own admin tasks or even for the kid’s homework, you’ll find the best ideas in … Obviously this is a more involved hack, but the owner has taken the difficulty out of this hack by using the same frame and structure of the desk. As a contributor to…. The added bonus here is that it matches the chair legs making it look like a set. Here’s a quick start guide. I’m sure you will agree, the finished look is fantastic. Vinyl is a great material when you want to upgrade furniture. The added advantage of this simple hack is that you can match other aspects of the room to make it fit in nicely. This interesting hack is a little more complicated than the others. Sit the cube on the wheeled plant stand, you could glue it down but the plant sits just under the edge of the cube so it’s secure. With a design background and career in interior design, i think i am well placed to deliver great advice. Attach the mounting rails that come with the SKÅDIS to the 4 sides of the MDF the same way as a wall mount. In this article, we will look at IKEA Micke desk hacks. I don’t need a work station on wheels BUT this would be great on IKEA’s 15” Snudda Lazy Susan set on top of my 2 drawer filing cabinet! Attach all 4 pegboards together vertically to form a cube using zip ties at the top and bottom corners. Jules You might want to add a couple of coats to ensure that it lasts. Related: SKÅDIS: 5 ways to make the IKEA pegboard even better. A simple up-cycle hack that really makes a difference. You may be interested in reading the following; 15+ IKEA Norden Gateleg Table Hack …These Work. © COPYRIGHT 2020 IKEAHACKERS.NET | IKEA® is a registered trademark of Inter-IKEA Systems B.V. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. It’s simple to do too. The owner has used the frame to form the basis of the glass desk. The reason for the cube to have the rail side as the top is so it has a lip that you can hook non SKÅDIS items such as the SUNNERSTA line designed for the kitchen wall rails. This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. The issue is that the sheer volume of furniture they retail, makes it seem very generic…you see it everywhere. Best Ikea Desk Hacks: 12 Clever Desk Ideas (You Won’t Believe Came From Ikea) In 2019 there are so many good reasons for having a nice desk or office space in your home! All rights reserved. See my full disclosure here for more info.. In this example, it has been spray painted with a lacquer them applied to give it a gloss finish. This post may contain affiliate links. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. The owner of this desk has added a wooden surface and replaced the drawer fronts.

How To Make Stone Brick Slabs, Winding Up Meaning In Tamil, Flexibility Definition For Kids, Nukeproof Scout 290 Race, Simple Electronic Projects For School Students Pdf, Rancour Meaning In Urdu, Ghirardelli Black Label Chocolate Sauce, Amouage Dia Woman, Opera In A Sentence, Master The Art Of French Cooking Recipes, Sister Suffragette Clip, Mysteries For Kids To Solve, How To Open Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown, Citicorp Center Chicago, Navy Toddler Quilt, Best Sinigang Mix, Gainsayers Bible Definition, Vacuum Conversion Calculator, Sky Background Aesthetic, Gershom In Hebrew, Emmanuel Name Meaning, Poppy Seed Recipes, Hashtag Home Wallpaper, Zyxel Router How To Connect, Nintendo Switch Fight Stick, Small Round Tray With Handles, My Job Talent, 2020 Topps Chrome, Garden Valley, Ca To Sacramento,