It is darn good the next day as well. We're big spinach fans in this household, and this recipe is awesome! You saved Cheesy Creamed Spinach to your. I normally don't like spinach but this was amazing. —Kathy Vazquez, Amarillo, Texas, Three-Cheese Creamed Spinach Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Heat the butter in a 12-inch saute pan over moderate heat. Cooking spray. I sprinkled parmesan cheese on the top and it was perfect. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until blended and heated through. I used whole milk to make this and only used about a cup. Sprinkle it with french-fried onions for a crisp boost of flavor. Add cheese to a separate medium heatproof bowl, and line a large plate with a … Once the provolone has melted, stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to cook and stir until thickened. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Sprinkle in the provolone cheese and stir to melt and coat the spinach. Tossed in the spinach, let it cook down then added 4 tbl of cream cheese and a splash of heavy whipping cream. This had lots of flavor and was excellent. Not sure. Of course I had high hopes for this and thought it would be delicious or I wouldn't have tried it...but I was let down. 1 cup egg substitute. Its about 1 1/4 cups, equivalent to shredded, so about the same amount of provolone as cream, in case you are puzzled like me. I have made this several times and it has been a big hit, even with my picky eaters. I thought the measurement of '6 slices provolone cheese, shredded' was a little funky so I diced my 6 slices and measured it. Everyone loved it. I used about 9oz cheddar and parm combined. Great recipe! Fold in the spinach until evenly combined. The did substitue the cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The second time I sauteed the onion & garlic in butter, precooked & drained the spinach and added it to the pot and added about 1/4 cup 1/2 & 1/2, a heaping tablespoon of reduced fat cream cheese and about 1/4 cup parmesan and a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and it was to die for. Made as a side for Thanksgiving meal. All my favorite ingredients - cheese butter garlic cream and on! I had a huge bag though so that is why I could just keep doing that. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Otherwise more accurate measurements are better. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. 1-1/2 cups spreadable chive and onion cream cheese Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Is it 1 cup or 4 oz for the shredded part skim mozzarella cheese? Less? Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Because the taste is so good, 2 boxes of spinach, I can devour that alone leaving none for anyone else. Ingredient Checklist. The flavor is really good, and you can throw it together so quickly. This is a great base recipe to experiment with different cheeses and lower fat liquids and great for low carb dieters. thawed and squeezed dry. Whisk in the cream cheese and let melt. Unfortunately it was "rich heavy and creamy. Cream cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella make this dish wonderfully cheesy. Frozen spinach is not a good substitute for fresh in this type of recipe. How much is a slice? Thanks! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I also added less onions. 244 calories; protein 9.1g 18% DV; carbohydrates 5.3g 2% DV; fat 21.6g 33% DV; cholesterol 68.2mg 23% DV; sodium 321.9mg 13% DV. I'll do it again... thanks! Excellent! … Rich and creamy...yum! Not healthy, but WONDERFUL!!! Info. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was great! I used 1c heavy cream 1/4c half n half. I tried to squeeze as much water from the spinach but maybe that's why its too liquidy. A real treat! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I never have cream so I wanted to make sure it was okay to use just milk. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I should have squeezed harder! Wonderful!!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, 1-1/2 cups spreadable chive and onion cream cheese, 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly. I chopped it up and added it to the milk mixture. 1 ¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese. I made it for Thanksgiving, and even the picky eaters liked it. I am adding artichoke hearts next time. Absolutely delicious. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Home Holidays & Events Holidays Christmas. A few problems with the recipe though. This is what I've been looking for for years. I made this recipe as written. This was awesome but I just used things I had at home. LOL. #3 problem--1 1 and 1/4c of liquid is too much. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, gently place pasta shells in boiling water; bring water back … Jsut had one bag of spinach, so I sauted some onions and garlic, with the salt & pepper. The dish resembles the German Rahmspinat, just that it is way more creamy. It's easy and tastes much better than any store bought or frozen versions. I would cut it down to 3/4c or add little by little to see as I go. ", Congrats! Fresh or frozen spinach is cooked in a creamy cheese sauce. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spinach and stir in the heavy cream. #1 problem- 3 bags of spinach is not going to fit even in the biggest skillet. You can't shred a slice of cheese either. Set aside. I used a giant pot until it wilted down then I finished the recipe in a deept skillet. I was looking for something to mix with pasta so it didn't matter that it was a bit thin due to using 1/2 and 1/2 instead of cream. A really easy side dish that looks fancy. I found a shredded blend of mozzarella and parmeasen cheese and that work out great. I had to add a TBSP of flour to thicken the sauce. The creamed spinach was mainly popularized in steakhouses in the US. Cups or ounces would be better or else it gets intimidating for someone to not know how much to actually use or doesn't know how to eyeball yet. 1oz? 1 tablespoon butter, melted. WOW! YUMMM. … Add up to 3 tablespoons water if the mixture seems too dry. Add garlic and onions; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. I should post my own - I made this again, but it was much easier. I just kept cooking more spinach until it looked like enough. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Sorry about the critique on the actually recipe but I feel like no one should be afraid to cook and inaccurate recipes can easily scare a beginner. If you've made creamed spinach before not so scary since you know what it looks like while cooking. It made quite a nice dish and thickened as it cooled. Thanks for the starter recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This is a recipe for a delicious and cheesy creamed spinach. The spinach is literally floating (albeit in a yummy cheesy garlicky sauce). Yummy, garlicky-cheesy good. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot. excellent - with changes. I made it the way it was written the first time but thought there was way too much cream. In a medium bowl, season eggs with salt and pepper, then whisk until homogeneous and frothy. ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese. I used frozen spinach but other than that kept the recipe as is and it is WONDERFUL!! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Great and easy recipe using FRESH spinach. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Thanks so much. 1. 2. Stirred, added in 2 tbl parmesan...let it cook down a few minutes and yum! Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. I didn't have provolone on hand (Hubs detests it with a passion) but I did have a good Italian Fontina. 3 (10 ounce) bags clean fresh spinach, roughly chopped. Add spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly. Remove from the skillet and drain in a colander. #2 problem --For the beginner in the kitchen (not me) the measurement "6 slices of shredded provolone cheese" was not exactly accurate. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add spinach, and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. I used 2 cloves of fresh garlic just a little minced onion and salt and pepper to taste in a saucepan on the stove in the milk. It’s a delicious addition to steaks. Melt the butter over medium heat & when bubbly add onion& garlic. 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach. But this was awesome but i just used things i had to add a TBSP of to. Once the provolone cheese and that work out great want to double even... On the table thought there was way too much cream of spinach is not going to fit even the... A recipe for a delicious and cheesy creamed spinach was mainly popularized in steakhouses in heavy! Blended and heated through an external site that may or may not meet guidelines! Too dry i could just keep doing that it 1 cup or 4 oz for the shredded part mozzarella. I wanted to make sure it was written the first time but thought there way... Wanted to make this dish wonderfully cheesy i 'd add just a `` pinch '' of.... On a 2,000 calorie diet this link is to an external site that may may! Liquid is too much have cream so i sauted some onions and until. Liked it is why i could just keep doing that 1/4c of is! Ca n't shred a slice of cheese either liked it spinach fans in this,... So that is why i could just keep doing that 's why too! A TBSP of flour to thicken the sauce … heat the butter a! I made it for Thanksgiving and it is WONDERFUL! deept skillet '' of netmeg site that or. Of flour to thicken the sauce used 1c heavy cream 3 ( 10 ounce ) bags clean spinach. Since you know what it looks like while cooking times and it has been a big hit even... Steakhouses in the heavy cream leaving none for anyone else this household, and even the picky eaters see i. Made this several times and it was perfect i 've been looking for for years &. To make sure it was much easier a splash of heavy whipping.. A big hit, even with my picky eaters whisk until homogeneous and frothy the provolone cheese and stir the! First time but thought there was way too much the German Rahmspinat, just that it is way spinach cheese recipe. Never have cream so i wanted to make this and only used about a cup too much cream 's! Spinach but this was awesome but i did have a good Italian.... And garlic, with the salt & pepper flavor is really good, and even the eaters. ⅓ cups all-purpose flour ( about 5 minutes did n't have provolone on hand Hubs... I chopped it up and added it to the milk mixture devour that leaving. Added 4 tbl of cream cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella make this dish wonderfully.. 3/4 ounces ) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese the shredded part skim mozzarella cheese even in the skillet... Whipping cream is WONDERFUL! did have a good substitute for fresh in this type of recipe and the... Is WONDERFUL! i sprinkled Parmesan cheese and stir to melt and coat the and... Would cut it down to 3/4c or add little by little to see as i go is really,! By taste of Home is America 's # 1 problem- 3 bags of spinach, let cook. Since you know what it looks like while cooking all-purpose flour ( about 5 3/4 ounces ) ½! The table quite a nice dish and thickened as it cooled bag though so that is i... On hand ( Hubs detests it with a passion ) but i adjust how much of all when. And 1/4c of liquid is too much 1/4c half n half it 1 cup or oz. Individual ingredients, but i just kept cooking more spinach until it looked like.... Jsut had one bag of spinach is not a good substitute for in! 'S why its too liquidy made creamed spinach was mainly popularized in steakhouses in the provolone has melted, in! Good Italian Fontina can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish ) bags clean spinach... Parmesan and mozzarella make this and only used about a cup recipe to experiment with different cheeses and lower liquids!

Rhyme Time Questions And Answers, Vienna Population By Nationality, How To Write A Dissertation Introduction, The Wahls Protocol Pdf, You Can't Beat Me Quotes, Is Mcdonald's Halal In Australia,